When my husband and I finally had the opportunity to decorate our first place together, I didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg on furniture, home decor items, and all the special little touches I wanted to add. Just knowing how I am, I like to switch things up often, especially for holidays!
I have found a few go-to stores for getting everything I need to make our house feel like a home!
1. Marshalls/HomeGoods – I have a Marshalls within 5 blocks of our place… I think I am the reason they stay in business! Oopsie! It can be a little hit or miss with what you can find, but they have some amazing prices on the home goods and decor items they have! I especially love their holiday specific items, table clothes and pillows. I also find most of my little items that I use to decorate my shelves.
2. Target Dollar Spot – OH MY GOODNESS. When I go into this section, they might as well just take all of my money. They do the best job with making some adorable items that will fit your needs, especially around the holidays. I find banners, little signs, chalkboards, string of lights, and more. I would say most of my items come from here. Hi, my name is Kellie and I have an obsession with Target.
3. Hobby Lobby – Although there isn’t a Hobby Lobby super close to Boston, this is still one of my go to stores when I visit back in Michigan. They have the most amazing prices, and everything in the store is broken up into colors and themes. I especially love their clearance section, because you never know what you will find! They always have a 40% off coupon out, so don’t forget to use it.
4. Goodwill – I love Goodwill for a number of reasons. You never really know what they will have, so you have to go in with an open mind. Target and other stores give items to Goodwill that is “damaged” although I never really find anything super wrong with it. I purchased a Target rug that was 7’x10′ (normally like $150) for only $40, never even opened! I also love to buy curtains (usually between $2-$6) and I use them as table clothes. I could go on and on with my favorite finds!
5. Dollar Tree – So, the thing with Dollar Tree is that you also need to go in with an open mind. Be willing to find an item you like, but know you may need to paint it! I love their candle holders, $1 holiday items, even their dishware!
6. Christmas Tree Shop – This was a store that I was introduced to when I moved to Boston. Don’t be fooled by the name! Yes, they have an amazing Christmas section during the season, but otherwise they have deals you just can’t beat. For my friends not familiar with this store, I would compare it to a little nicer Big Lots. They have some great decor items, plates, napkins, and everything in between.
Where are your favorite places to shop for items in your home??